Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Girl and A Boy...

It's official, we have entered the CRAZY boy crazy world! My 4 going on 12 year old daughter has her first crush and I as her mother am not sure how I feel about this. Part of me is so excited, part of me is horrified that my almost 5 year old daughter has a crush, and part of me is at a total loss as to what to say, think, or do. Let me give you a sample of recent conversations;
Me: How do you want to do your hair today? Do you want a pony tail?

Kaylin: Yes, cause then Johnathan will think I am pretty!

Another day getting ready for school,
Me: Why don't you wear this shirt? (a shirt with a collar on it)

kaylin: No, I can't wear this shirt, Johnathan won't know me in this shirt, he won't like me in it.

We have actually had the shirt conversation more than once, in fact at least once a week. We have had it so much that Daddy is having a conversation tonight about girls who dress to impress boys and being independent and unique, that should be good.
This morning Kaylin informed me she was going to marry Johnathan at recess because and I quote " he's cute and he thinks I'm pretty and we are going to get married." AGHH, what is a mother to think, to say, to do!! I silently laugh and cry all at the same time. The icing on the cake was a conversation between Me, kaylin, and Chloe on the way to school this morning, and you guessed it, it was about Our favorite little boy.
Kaylin: Chloe, I'm going to marry Johnathan at recess today.

Chloe: No, I'm going to marry Johnathan today!

kaylin: We can both marry him because he is cute and he thinks, we are both pretty!

Me: You girls are both too young to be marrying any one!!

Kaylin: (whispering) My mom is so crazy!

Me: You are DEFINITELY too young to say I am crazy, you can't say that until you are a teenager.

At thins point I am laughing so hard on the inside because she sounds like a teenager saying I am crazy. The sad thing is there will be a day when she really will think I am crazy and these conversations will be for real. For now it so cute seeing here pretend to be so sophisticated and mature; talking about boys and her crazy mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our lives are over!

Rory and Cindy said...

that's just scary!