Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas. . .


I love this time of year, have I mentioned that before? I love the decorating, the tree, the lights and the presents, I love giving and watching my children open their gifts. We got our tree up this week and I love it. I love having a big beautiful tree. For me growing up I loved decorating the tree but being the type A child i was, I was a very frustrated tree decorator because I had to decorate with some not so much type A siblings. I did the best I could getting my ornaments evenly distributed but I dreamed of that day when I would have my own tree and it would be evenly distributed and color coordinated. I loved going to department stores and seeing their trees, I dreamed of having one one day and now I do. I am no longer a frustrated tree decorator and I get to be as type A as I want. As one of my friend's put it, "did you draw this out and plan where they all go?" What a great idea but no I am not that type A. My family knows that my tree is my special project but to involve the girls in decorating I let them put their ornaments on a ornament tree I got last year and next year I am going to get them their own tree to decorate, I am curious of either of them got my type Aness?
Our house is Christmas ready, the tree is up, the presents are bought and wrapped and now it is time for parties and vacation!! Happy decorating every one!!!

2 comments:

Tigert Family said...

What a beautiful family you have! Your girls are precious.

Anonymous said...

The tree looks nice, as usual. I know you probably had a blast making it department store ready! Alyssa is looking more and more like your mom in the pictures lately - I can't believe it! And I like the little widget you have that shows who is reading...but I laughed because it showed that I check in almost every day and I haven't been online in over a week or so...so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Maybe it has something to do with me having a link to your blog and when you update yours mine links to the new post or something. But I enjoyed catching up on what's been going on. The girls dance pics were so cute! And happy b-day late (it was yesterday, right?) I'm never good at b-days...unless someone reminds me!