Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why I hate night time thunderstorms!

I used to love falling asleep to the piter patter of the rain and the flashes of lightning, but not any more. That was all before kids, now night time storms are a nightmare. Let me let you in on how last night went, for those of you who don't have kids or your kids don't wake up, we had some big storms last night.
Stefan comes to bed around midnight saying I can't stay up any more and she won't go to sleep. Me I have no clue which one he is talking about, I assume it was Kaylin and go to sleep until not much later comes Alyssa's coughing and I realized he was talking about Alyssa not kaylin. The coughing and moving around continued until 3:00 when I took her to bed and promised there was no more thunder, never make that promise. Little did I know there would be more, very loud thunder about an hour later. Back asleep, an hour later, CRASH and MOMMY. Now every one is up because Alyssa is screaming, her pull up has leaked, thank God in her own bed and not mine!! What am I to do? Neither one of them was about to sleep in there own room at this point and there is no way all four of us can fit on our Queen bed? Get blankets and pillows, they can sleep on the floor. All is well at this point, even through the loud crash they are fine. The grand finale to the night was 5:45 Alyssa starts coughing again, I looking at the clock thinking we have to get up soon any way, I will just ignore it and wait it out. Great idea except it stopped and we all finally feel to a peaceful sleeping place, until, 7:40, GOTTA GET UP and the morning school rush was on. I gotta give myself props though, I had Kaylin dressed, lunch made, and breakfast in hand to walk out the door in 10 min, granted there was a lot of screaming on both our parts and she forgot to go potty before she left, oh well, no body's perfect.

2 comments:

Rory and Cindy said...

Sounds like you need a drink ;)

Tracy said...

Oh, I hate those nights. Trinity hates lighting and thunder too but for some reason it didn't bother her that night. It kept me up though. Hope you get caught up on some sleep!