Thursday, January 24, 2008

EMERGENCY HAIR CUT!!

Well they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. While I am not in denial that Kaylin is my apple that fell and rolled RIGHT up next to me, I had no idea she was as self sufficient as I am. She wanted a hair cut so she cut her hair. I can't tell you how many times I cut bangs or layers because I wanted it and didn't want to wait, so I should have expected this seeing as how she is just like me. But, the mom in me was shocked and horrified and immediately had our favorite hair girl, Van on the phone for an emergency hair cut. I told her she was going to have to have short hair, a bob, with bangs, and with all her efforts to grow it out she was very sad. At least until she saw the hair cut. When she saw it she loved it because it is just like "Mommy's hair cut!" So much for her being sad every day and having to look in the mirror and remember what she did to get herself in this predicament. Honestly, don't tell Kaylin, but I love it also, it is so cute. Secretly I have wanted to do a bob on one of the girls for a long time and this gave me the best excuse to try it out on her dollar. By the way she had to pay for her hair cut as part of her punishment, but don't worry, her hair cuts only cost $5.00.

Here are some pictures of the final hair cut. For those of you who wanted to see the kaylin version, I must apologize because in the hast to get from school to Van's in time i forgot to take a picture, sorry Cindy!!

She is so happy! So much for the disappointment of short hair, now she wants to keep it short. I am proud of that because she is accepting her own identity.




" It's just like Mommy's hair cut!"




I couldn't do a post with out some cute pictures of Alyssa. Ironically, she is growing her bangs out when Kaylin is cutting hers for the first time.


3 comments:

annieraye said...

Oh Tracy it's so cute!! She looks precious!

Rory and Cindy said...

Kaylin's hair does look adorable...and so grown up!!! I also LOVE Alyssa's hair with her bangs pulled back!

Son of the living King said...

tracy, whats wrong here....your girls (especially kaylin)look absolutely nothing like you....