Friday, July 20, 2007

Change, isn't it GRAND!

Lately it feels like so many things in my life are chaining, being in school every night to being out of school, Stefan not working much to working most evenings and Saturdays, summer time (no school for Kaylyn), and on and on. I like to think I adapt to change well but truth be told I don't, I get very lonely and depressed. I always expect it won't be so bad and the I am "pleasantly" surprised by the fact that it is harder than expected. The hardest change I am currently having to adapt to is my friend going to work full time. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for her and proud of her for being brave and starting something new. I know this is a great thing for her and her family. With that being said, I miss being able to call her when ever I want and talk for an hour or two, I miss being able to do things during the day, although that has been rare lately due to schedules, and I will miss picking our girls up from school together.

Change sucks but the truth is God never promises that life will stay the same and that things won't change, it is inevitable and how you handle it is important. I guess for me I need to learn how to better handle change. How that looks I don't know, I didn't say I had all the answers, I just know I need to handle it better. Maybe that means I need a more positive out look or, and this is gut level honesty, I need to make it less about me (OUCH). The truth is I much to often make it about me when really it isn't about me that much. "Get over your self Tracy!" I should tell my self that often. Change is a part of life and I need to learn to go with it and accept it rather than fighting it.

Life is changing and I don't quite like it yet, I know I will adjust and it will seem like it has always been this way but until then I guess I am morning the loss of certain things. Forgive me for my pity party, but sometimes we all need to get it out to deal with it and move on, so maybe now I can get over it and move on. Wish me luck! If you know me at all you know the battle I am fighting and that I need good luck.



Life is changing and I don't quite like it yet, I know I will adjust and it will seem like it has always been this way but until then I guess I am morning the loss of certain things. Forgive me for my pity party, but sometimes we all need to get it out to deal with it and move on, so maybe now I can get over it and move on. Wish me luck! If you know me at all you know the battle I am fighting and that I need good luck.

2 comments:

Mrs. SeƱora Cobbey said...

I know it this might sound easy & trite but here it is: you will get used to it. I promise!

It was really hard for me when I had to work a lot more hours. I couldn't hang out with you & Kareah. I had to be more "responsible" with my time and often choose to spend the little time I had with my family and not my friends which really made me miss you all the more.
But after awhile, I got in my own groove and things were good again.

You see....we'll start a new groove. We'll start having lunch together and that'll be fun to hook up during the week.

Don't worry that you feel its all about you. Those are your feelings so don't discount those emotions. Just try to be open (like you were on your blog), talk about it, pray about it, give it to God and expect good things because God has good things planned especially for you.

Anonymous said...

You are still my best friend and I miss you too! I'm sorry this has been a hard change, but I'm glad to be reminded of how much you love me and value our time together. I love you that much too! You mean the world to me and sitting in a cubicle for 37.5 hours every week could never ever ever compare to the time I spend hanging out with you!