Monday, April 7, 2008

Just Another Weekend

Laugh at me but I actually feel asleep last night thinking of how to write this blog entry and this morning I wook up thinking of clever titles. Other title ideas were: Project completion, Not just any room, or How to work your husband to death. Maybe those amused you or not but I decied just another weekend was perfect because if you know me and Stefan's schedule it is just a normal weekend thing to do my projects, but this one was a big one.
Instead of doing our garage sale I decided to gut my room and redo it this weekend and that way anything that didn't make it back in can get sold. In the mean time Stefan has to deal with it in his garage; but don't feel to sorry, he is getting a new TV out of the garage sale.
This task of redoing our room was no easy feet, we spent two nights on our mattress in the den to be woken at 7:00 am by little girls talking across the hall way. It was kinda cute because it reminded me of me and my sister talking across the bathroom, ahh memories. Anyway, we tore out the old base boards, repainted the room, painted new base boards and chair railing, installed base boards and chair railing, stained the bed and polyeuythained it, put together a new desk, and hung new pictures and curtains. Some of you are thinking "we did it" and yes I do have to give props to Stefan, he did do a lot of the muscle work, but I did my fair share also. While you may not see me in any of the pictures trust me I was still working very hard; besides some one had to take the pictures and do you really think I am going to put a picture out on the Internet of me at my worst, don't think so! It was three long days but is is done except a few final touches and our new TV, I love it and feel so at peace in my new room. It was exactly what I wanted. I love the simplicity and the huge lack of furniture, there are only three pieces of furniture and I love it!!!!
before

During


A very tired Stefan, resting after all his hard work. after all his heal dragging along the way he ended up liking my design very much.


My new desk, notice the lack of clutter, it will stay that way!!

All done, minus the bookshelf, Stefan's next project.

4 comments:

Mrs. SeƱora Cobbey said...

WOW! IT LOOKS AMAZING!

Good job! I totally want to go over to your house to look at it! I love it! :)

Rory and Cindy said...

I love, love, love it!!!!!!!! I espacially like the bed...it looks awesome!

Son of the living King said...

looks good....specially since i didnt get the opportunity to ruin carpet this time....like the new desk as well

Anonymous said...

I totally love it! Your bed looks incredible! Good job! And the paint job and the pictures...So pretty! I was just telling my new friend Melissa all about you and your amazing do-it-yourself projects...and here you go proving my point! You amaze me! Great work!