Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Trying new Things!

This past weekend Kaylin's cousin, Mikaylah, had an ice skating party. I was really nervous about kaylin skating if she would like it or not considering her track record of wanting to try new things. Kaylin is not usually the first one to volunteer for something new, she needs a little time to watch and make sure she is ready. She is very cautious, yes some of you are saying "cautious, kaylin, really?" But about physical activities like skating she is, weird I know and so no longer the fearless toddler Kaylin. We all grow up and change, right, so it's okay for her to be cautious as long as she eventually tries. Back to the story. She was so excited about skating and counting it down for days. When the day came she couldn't wait all she said was that she didn't want a teacher but me. When it was time to lace up she was ready t take off, didn't even freak out about being wobbly when you walk in skates, she just got up and walked off. Know she is still Kaylin so this story has to fit who she is and the rest sorta does. She clung to the wall of dear life and it took about 15 min. to do one lap. But then she got brave and let go of the wall and even skated some all by her self. When I say skated I mean moved three inches without holding on. But that is huge for her to be that brave her first time. I was so proud of her!!!!! before he we left she insisted on doing a lap holding mine and Daisey's hands, I never thought she would let go of the wall and trust us like that, but she asked for it. When we got out there she had so much fun and loved it. Mental note to self, she just needs to do things on her terms, She needs lots of encouragement and no pressure to do more, just let her go at her own pace. She really impressed me and made me proud!



Well that is all I can get this stupid computer, stupid program to up load at this time.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get Alyssa's haircut and Kaylin's black eye up. Keep your fingers crossed!!

2 comments:

Mrs. SeƱora Cobbey said...

How fun!! Good job Kaylin! :)

Anonymous said...

You better start building a display case for her Olympic Gold Medal!

Go Kaylin!