Saturday, June 28, 2008

Finger Lick'in Good

I just love S'mores, they are the best snack ever invented! For a special treat after dance camp one night I made s'mores for the girls, no I didn't go start a fire and sing camp songs. We served it up the official Girl Scout way, in the microwave. The girls have never had s'mores before yet they knew exactly what they were and how to make them, thanks in part to Max & Ruby, their new favorite TV show. Needless to say they were a messy hit!!
I love snacks that take me back to my childhood, sitting by the fire with my family roasting marshmallows and eating s'mores till I passed out from sugar shock. Ya, my parents were the best!! I am glad to share this favorite summer snack with my kids and yes I realize s'mores are not just for summer time. That is just when I had them as a kid at the lake in the Summer. My mom didn't know the year round microwave secret that us modern day microwave genius moms know. Next time we have this yummy snack I hope we are having them at a real camp fire, but lets be honest Stefan works or is at school so it will probably be another microwave round for the Schloemp's, who cares as long as we have s'mores, right!




3 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Didn't know you blogged...I look forward to keeping up with you and the family.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see some traditions keep going, even if altered alittle!! Mom

Jo Brock said...

Fun! Riley loves Max and Ruby! I think it is sort of annoying, but whatever!