Thursday, September 4, 2008

Panic for no Reason


Today was the first time I have taken Kaylin to school and not been able to walk her to her classroom. Starting this week we can't go down the hall unless we sign in. So what can I do? I can stand at the beginning of a very, very long hall with all the other nervous moms and watch her walk to her room and pray she finds it and doesn't get lost or scared. The only problem with all this watching is other kids and adults who get in the way and I can't see her. Her classroom is at the very end of the Hall, whoever thought putting 3rd grade at the beginning and Kindergarten and the end was a good idea didn't clear it with me or the other nervous moms, I mean, it makes no sense.
Any way, after loosing sight of her at the end I panicked and thought she went to far; I imagined her realizing she missed her room and panicking and crying so I ran down the hall with out signing in to make sure she was okay. To my very pleasant and relieved surprise, she was safe and happy in her class. I guess the moral of the story is relax Tracy Kaylin can do this and she knows where she is going. Letting go is so hard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me I know how hard it is to let go! But once you know she can do it, it gets easier. She is growing up!!! I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Love you, Mom

Tracy said...

oh, I really feel for ya. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to go back and check if she made it alright when I did drop off at preschool or if she stayed in the room after I left especially at her speech classroom at Kennedale. It is soooo hard. I often joke that if someone told me how emotionally hard being a parent would be I might not have signed up but I would have missed out on the so many wonderful things. You are doing great and I would have done the same thing!

Rory and Cindy said...

I'm glad you are going through this first...if only I was there to hanf out with you to help take your mind off of it every once in a while...

Son of the living King said...

i think it was good that they put the younger kids farther away...forces nervous moms to let go!! just remember what dad used to tell mom when i was little..."just let go". shes a big girl now and she is going to be great!!! you have done a really good job at raising her, and now it is time to begin to let go and she how she does.