Thursday, August 28, 2008

More First Day of School Stories.

Last, but certainly not least, it is Alyssa's turn to start school. Yesterday was Alyssa's first day of school, she could not have been more excited, me, well I handled it better than kaylin's first day, no tears!! In my defense, I had a lot more going on Monday that made me emotional, and it is kindergarten after all, you are supposed to cry.

She was so excited, she just had to wear her backpack and carry her own nap mat just like a big kid, and let me say she looked so big carrying her stuff in and walking down the hall. She couldn't wait to get to her class and play with the dolls and paint. She didn't even look back once inside, my big brave, confident girl!
Leaving her was bitter sweet, it is a strange thing to be taking her to school. For two years I have been taking Kaylin to Fielder, so to be dropping off Alyssa was different. It really made me realize how fast she is growing up. Sometimes I still see her as being so young while other times I forget she is only three because of the way she plays.

Well, the schloemp girls are officially all in school now!! I have survived my first week and feel like I am keeping up pretty well, as long as I get a million chapters read this weekend. Kaylin and Alyssa end there first week tomorrow and I think they both are feeling really exhausted with this new schedule. Did I mention we get a three day weekend to recover from all the first week excitement? I am so excited you just have no idea!!! Thank you Labor Day!!!!


She is so excited to be going to school "like a big kid"


All the Super Stars.


"The sun's in my eyes!" As I force her to pose for yet another picture, "just one more, I promise," is what I always say.

3 comments:

Rory and Cindy said...

oh, she's so big :( I love the nap mat...very cute!

Anonymous said...

Well,well, all the schlomp women in school. It's great, but hard on mom!!! Have a great year!!!
Mom

Son of the living King said...

she looks so excited in the pictures. i cant believe how fast they are growing up!!!