Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Circus is in Town!

Today marked a historic day for kaylin, one she will mark down in her own mental history books; the day she went to the Circus for the first time!

Before the show we got to go back stage and see the animals and go on the Circus floor and see the performers and meet the clowns. It was so great, I have always wanted to go down on the stage and finally as an adult with my daughter, I got to do it.

It was so much fun, in a way I loved it even more going with her because I get to live out my childhood fantasy through Kaylin and not feel silly doing it without any kids, as was our usual way in the past. It was so magical seeing the Circus through her eyes. She was so curious about everything and every thing was amazing. It really made me think how all of life should really be approached that way; with wonder and amazement and great curiosity. Who knows, we might actually enjoy it more and get more out of it. Just food for thought, a little rambling if you may.


It was by far the best day I have ever spent with kaylin, I can't wait to take Alyssa. There is nothing better than experiencing the Circus with your child for their first time, I would not trade it for the world and it was worth the price, including the over priced stuffed animal souvenir she picked out (a white tiger named snowflake of course) and the way over priced cotton candy with the hat! You know those MasterCard commercials: $50.00- Circus tickets for Three, $19.00- stuffed white tiger, $12.00-Cotton candy with cool circus hat, $3.00-Gatorade for Dad, seeing the Circus through your five year old daughters eyes for the first time-PRICELESS

There are some valuable lesson I did take from this experience for next time with Alyssa. Definitely take a back pack that looks like it is for your kid and buy drinks and snacks at the much cheaper gas station on the way so you can have more money for the expensive toys, and take a camera with a great zoom and flash range. That's all, follow those tips and your Circus experience can be complete!

2 comments:

Son of the living King said...

that is so cool!!! im glad yall had such a great time at the circus.

Rory and Cindy said...

I WANNA GO (whine whine whine)!!! Looks like so much fun...I wonder if the circus comes to Springfield...